Schema Learning Theory
The concept of children's schema will be defined and explored, providing an overview of schema learning theory.
Participants will focus on the need for awareness and provision of children's prominent schema, patterns, urges and consider how they can be catered for.
We will discuss:
- Defining types of schema, linking to children's interests
- Schema related to areas of play
- Implementing schema into planning
- Links to Te Whariki and the NZ Curriculum
- Spontaneous, progressive, short-long term planning
- Intelligences and learning styles
- Children's development
- Developing education plans based on prominent schema.
Facilitator: Desma Cornhill
Venue: St Luke's Church Community Centre, 130 Remuera Rd, Remuera, Auckland.
Target: Early childhood and junior primary school teachers.
Cost: $290 (GST inclusive).