Secondary Sexuality Education
This half-day introductory course is intended for secondary school teachers and those working in alternative education settings. It will focus on learning more about sexuality education and exploring ways that it can be delivered using a best-practice, comprehensive approach.
- Exploring the concept of comprehensive sexuality education
- Sexuality education in the New Zealand Curriculum
- Identifying possible barriers to delivering comprehensive sexuality education
- Sexuality education and the law
- Current research and trends
- Values clarification in relation to sexuality education
- How to create a positive and safe learning environment for teaching sexuality education
- Some effective teaching and learning strategies for delivering comprehensive sexuality education
- Practice responding to questions
- Building confidence in this subject area
- Recommended resources, support agencies and organisations.
Suitable for teachers of young people at a secondary school level or youth in the community.
Family Planning also offers free in-school teacher professional development and capability building nationally. Please contact us at (04) 384 4349 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this option if the upcoming course dates and times do not work for your school or organisation.
Whare Tapa Rima - Five Sided Home Based Pastoral Care