Re-visioning School Camps
This PLD support teachers and schools to develop localised, place-responsive and student-centered school camp programmes.
The PLD begins with a 1-day workshop and continues with 6–9 months of continued support, which will assist teachers in implementing changes to practice. The recently released ‘Re-visioning School Camps’ resource is used to underpin and guide this PLD.
Workshop dates and location:
Northland, Thursday 6 June – Whangarei Library, Whangarei
Auckland #1 – South, Tuesday 11 June – Pulman Park, Takanini
Auckland #2 – North, Wednesday 19 June – North Shore Events Centre
Waikato, Tuesday 28 May – Trust Waikato, Hamilton
Hawkes Bay, Thursday 27 June – Emerald Hotel, Gisborne
Hastings , Wednesday 26 June – The Green Shed
Taranaki, Wednesday 26 June – One Burgess Hill, New Plymouth
Manawatu, Thursday 20 June – Te Manawa: Gallery 5, Palmerston North
Wellington , Friday 17 May – Dowse Museum, Lower Hutt
Nelson/Tasman, Friday 14 June – Sport Tasman Boardroom, Nelson
Canterbury, Wednesday 3 July – Antarctic Centre, Christchurch
Otago, Thurs 25 June – Pacific Park, Dunedin
About the PLD
- There is no registration cost for practicing teachers. The PLD has been made available through Networks of Expertise funding.
- The 1-day workshop runs from 9am–4pm.
- This PLD carries the expectation that participants will engage in 6–9 months of post-workshop activities and support with an intention to develop their practice.
- Morning tea is provided.
Who is this PLD for?
- Teachers and senior leaders working with students in Y7–10. However, this PLD is relevant to cohorts outside of this range as well.
- Schools wishing to refresh and re-imagine their school camp practices.
- Schools and teachers seeking support to review their camps and who are interested in implementing innovative and sustainable camp programmes and practices.
New Zealand (nationwide)
Contact: Sophie Watson
(03) 423 3141