Free Staff Professional Learning Programme – Mental Health
Free programme for secondary school and tertiary staff to ensure they have the tools and confidence to respond to mental distress.
This three part programme for secondary and tertiary staff includes:
(1) Workshop One: Mental Distress, Attitudes and Awareness - 1.5 hours
- Awareness of mental health related issues and mental distress.
- Attitudes and assumptions towards people with mental health conditions.
- Social inclusion and the role as an educator.
- Responding to students experiencing mental distress.
(2) Workshop Two: Resources and Practice - 1.5 hours
- Building confidence in responding to students experiencing mental distress.
- Making a connection with students through acknowledgement and acceptance.
- Identifying resources to support educators.
- Recognising areas for further development within a school setting.
(3) Resources and Support
- Follow-up support over six months. Support for school initiatives.
- Online resources.
- Professional practice resource.
- Aligns with the expectations for teachers in Our Code Our Standards - Code of Professional Responsibility and Standards for the Teaching Profession, NAG 5, and NEG 2.
- Professional development for staff and school leaders on mental distress.
- Identifies and supports areas for further development in a school setting.
- Customised resources for your school through consultation.
- This programme is designed for a lasting positive impact based on your school’s wellbeing needs.
- We work directly with each school and utilise your wellbeing baseline to identify the issues and outcomes you want to achieve.
- All teaching and leadership staff can participate in the programme.
- Funded through the Like Minds, Like Mine programme.
- Delivered by professional facilitators at your school.
- Refreshments provided.
Enquiries – Contact the Rethink Team
Mobile: 027 RETHINK (027 738 4465)
Phone: 09 630 5909 ext 9834