EOTC and Effective Safety Management Systems
Core 2-Day PLD designed for schools seeking to understand and implement good practice processes in EOTC and to embed them in programmes and school-wide safety systems.
ATTENDANCE IS FREE to school staff and members of school boards through Ministry of Education support.
Most benefit is gained when a school can send at least two people, including a combination of a Principal or SLT, EOTC coordinator, or a lead practising teacher. Ideally, a third person is a member of the school board.
Dates and locations:
Kerikeri dates: Friday 17 May, followed by Wednesday 12 June
West Auckland: Monday 13 May, followed by Friday 14 June
Taupo: Friday 24 May, followed by Tuesday 25 June
Whanganui: Wednesday 22 May, followed by Tuesday 25 June
Lower Hutt: Monday 20 May, followed by Friday 21 June
Christchurch: Thursday 6 June, followed by Friday 28 June
Dunedin: Monday 13 May, followed by Friday 28 June
Find details including venues, times and registration forms on the EONZ website or, if viewing electronically, linked here.
Who should attend?
- Schools seeking to build capability within their staff to run quality EOTC that is underpinned by good practice EOTC management
- Schools whose staff have not engaged with Ministry of Education guidelines for EOTC in the last 3 years. See EOTC Guidelines 2016, Bringing the Curriculum Alive.
- New Staff to schools or staff new to the EOTC Coordinator role
- Schools seeking support with implementation of current good practice processes
- Schools seeking better understanding of 'Why' and support with 'How' to implement good practice processes.
New Zealand (nationwide)
Contact: Catherine Kappelle
(021) 229 9663