Raising Readers: Home and School Connections
Learn how to strengthen home-school literacy initiatives, support reading at home, and create a robust school reading culture.
Who this online course is for
This is an online course for primary/intermediate school:
- library staff
- literacy leaders
- leadership team members.
Why take this course
- Strengthen your knowledge of effective home-school reading partnerships.
- Learn how the library plays an active role in supporting a robust, whole-school reading culture.
- Improve your professional practice by applying what you learn to your own school context.
- Learn with the support of a trained, online facilitator.
What you'll learn
On this course you'll learn:
- what makes an effective home-school reading partnership
- how to take an evidence-based, best-practice approach
- examples of successful initiatives in schools and libraries.
What you'll do
- Use quality resources to gain an understanding of reading engagement
- Learn from other course participants by sharing ideas and practice
- Participate in problem-solving activities
- Create an action plan for an initiative you can implement in your school community
- Reflect on your learning.
New Zealand (nationwide)
Contact: Debbie Roxburgh
(06) 345 9666
Teacher Education Refresh Programme
The Teacher Education Refresh (TER) programme is currently funded by the Ministry of Education for those teacher required by the Teaching Council to complete a TER.
The Kohia Centre programme can be completed in 2–3 months. It is delivered through a combination of 4 face-to-face workshop days, online modules/tasks and a 4 week practicum in a school. (Teachers already employed in long term teaching positions can use their current position to demonstrate effective teaching practice).
Find out more at: tinyurl.com/y4gjvmsp or email email@example.com.