Coaching Leadership: Growing Your People
Coaching Leadership is a transformative professional learning approach which assists teachers and leaders to develop the very different skills and mindsets required for living, leading and educating in the post-modern world of today and tomorrow.
Who will benefit from this course?
This course is for those who are interested in growing and developing the capacity of emerging and middle leaders to work with teachers in ways that lead to improved outcomes for students.
Where: Amesbury School, Wellington.
Length: Full day: 9.30am–4.30pm.
When: Tuesday, 20 May.
Price: $295 (includes morning tea, lunch and refreshments).
Places available: 15.
This course will be researched-based and experiential – you will learn through presentations, collaboration, experiences, reflection, observations, hear from a range of developing leaders, and, of course, through coaching.
- learn how a Coaching Leadership approach to people development had significant impacts on students, teachers and leaders in a two year TLIF project at Amesbury School
- discover what a Coaching Leadership approach is, why it works and why it is just the right approach for the times in which we live and the future we face
- be introduced to our Coaching Leadership Development Framework and Review Tool
- learn how to identify, measure and facilitate leaders’ ongoing leadership growth and development
- develop the capacity to take a much more targeted, informed and deliberate approach to the leadership growth and development of your people
You will leave the course with increased knowledge and understanding of Coaching Leadership, an increased commitment to growing the people in your school, a plan to make a start and tools and resources to help you.
Facilitator: Lesley Murrihy with Urs Cunningham and Angela Johnston.