Strategies For Transformational Leadership
Emerging and middle leaders are important and influential members of a school team, and need to be nurtured and developed to ensure they continually reach their potential. Transformational leadership creates valuable and positive change which has the potential to transform the beliefs and practice of such teacher leaders.
Who will benefit from this course?
This course will benefit teacher-leaders who are looking to develop the skills and capacities needed to work with teachers in ways that lead to improved outcomes for students.
Where: Amesbury School, Wellington.
Length: 1 full day: 9.30am–4.30pm.
When: Monday 1 April.
Price: $295 (includes morning tea, lunch and refreshments).
Places available: 15.
This course will introduce developing leaders to a range of leadership tools and strategies that have the potential to transform their practice. The day will include a variety of experiences, including ‘snappers’ (short, content-based workshops), observations in learning hubs, group and paired coaching conversations and hearing from developing leaders.
- Consider the moral purpose around your leadership
- Learn coaching basics, including group coaching
- Be introduced to the concept of defensive scripts
- Explore effective observations and walkthroughs, and put the skills into action in a learning hub
- Develop your skills around having crucial conversations with your team
- Develop understanding of what it means to “maintain the middle ground”
Facilitator: Urs Cunningham with Lesley Murrihy and Angela Johnston.