Fotu o Mālama – Samoan Language Conference 2019
Conference IV will be in the form of small group practical workshops. Participants will:
- Work collaboratively with other teachers and experts of the Samoan language and culture to design units of work
- Gain a deeper understanding of the requirements of the NZ Curriculum, Taiala and expectations for language teachers in New Zealand
- Share and take away resources co-designed with other language teachers
- Network and establish working relationships with other teachers of Samoan language
- Share successes, challenges and problem-solve with colleagues;
- Explore other ways of teaching and learning to enhance student engagement and achievement
- Be well-nourished and supported to meet the challenges of language teaching and learning in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Date: 5–6 April
Venue: MIT North Campus, Pasifika Community Centre
Address: Otara Rd, Otara, Manukau, Auckland (Gate 13 on Alexander Cres)
Fotu o Malama member rate $50.
Non-Fotu o Malama member rate $200 (for 2 days); $100 per day.
Click here to register for the conference: https://goo.gl/forms/QEvgzAhl66lyjZPX2
For more information, please contact the secretary, Lemoa H S Fesulua’i; ph (09) 275 4029; email H.Fesuluai@mangere.school.nz
05 April 2019 – 06 April 2019