1-Day Wānanga: Cultural Competency - A Values-Based Approach
This 1-Day Wānanga (workshop) is for all levels of staffing, management and leadership. Using the rituals of encounter on the marae you will experience the deeply held values of Te Ao Māori (the Māori world) and their transferability as practical actions and attitudes in the workplace or in the community.
Key Māori values and tikanga practices will be explored providing you with the tools and knowledge required to confidently build strong and meaningful relationships with Māori whānau, individuals and iwi.
You'll walk away with an understanding of:
- The importance of values in organisational culture.
- How and why putting people first makes values work.
- The key value used to build respectful relationships and partnerships.
- The most important value that builds collaboration and inclusivity.
- How to identify and develop key cultural values for your organisation that inspire and motivate action.
- How to develop cultural practices that align with your values.
- How to implement culturally responsive practices in the workplace.
Join us for an energising day of professional development so you can engage confidently and respectfully when working with Māori. Tupu ki te whai ao, ki te ao marama – Mature through understanding and enlightenment.
Price: $299 GST inclusive + $12.73 booking fee.