Learning Matters Professional Learning Workshops
We run specialised workshops for professional development and are hosting 3 workshops in the near future in the Waikato.
To book, please go to www.learningmatters.co.nz/workshops-2019
Dynamic Teaching – 28 March
Every classroom has a dyslexic child in it – well if all things were averaged out there would actually be 4–5 in each class, if not more. Unfortunately, not every teacher has been afforded the time to learn more about what this means for their practice and pedagogy.
Teacher Assistant – 29 March
Are you a Teaching Assistant extraordinaire looking for more ideas, resources and activities to include in your literacy support sessions?
During this half day workshop you will:
- Develop your understanding of literacy difficulties
- Learn why phonological awareness is crucial to reading success
- Grow your understanding of how words work
- Learn how to support students to develop reading fluency
- Gain insight into your learners neurodiversity to develop a greater sense of empathy
- Craft a lesson plan that supports review of isolated skills in a fun engaging way.
This practical session will equip you to better cater to all learners you work with.
Spelling is Telling – 11 April
Spelling certainly is telling. As teachers it is important we know why and what to look for so we can directly teach. Do you give words or do you teach spelling? If you are a classroom teacher, literacy leader or specialist and or a school senco then this full day workshop is for you. During the day you will learn why spelling (alphabetic principle) is fundamental to success in literacy. We will share examples of what a systematic and cumulative approach in spelling looks like.
Keep up to date and like our Facebook page.