Middle and Literacy Leader Workshop Series
Strengthening Literacy Leader and middle leader capability has a critical impact on your school’s ability to accelerate student achievement. This series of three workshops will focus on developing cohesive literacy leadership practice and processes, to promote student engagement and accelerate of achievement. The foci of these workshops will be:
Using data for evidence-based learning and leadership
- Unpack the role of an effective Instructional Leader and the BES four levers for change.
- Strengthen leaders understanding of practice that promotes student engagement and “acceleration”.
- Unpack systems for tracking, monitoring and using data to inform teacher and leader responses.
High Impact Teaching Strategies to Accelerate Learning
- Identify high impact pedagogy that promotes explicit, targeted teaching and acceleration.
- Explore strategies to support collaborative Teacher Inquiry and Professional Learning Groups (PLG) dialogue.
- Strengthening leaders coaching and mentoring skills.
- Develop differentiated teacher support strategies.
Develop powerful learning partnerships
- Developing oral language scaffolds and pedagogy to support learning partnerships within the classroom.
- Growing learning focused partnerships with whānau.
- Developing seamless partnerships and transitions between early childhood, primary, intermediate and secondary schools.
Bay of Plenty
Contact: IPL Workshops Team
07 838 4655