Carla McNeil (Founder and Director of Learning Matters Ltd) is an Educational Consultant specialising in Learning Support. Her passion, authenticity, and experience as a School Principal, Classroom Teacher, Maths Advisor and Parent of a child with SLD' s, positions her as the ideal person to walk alongside you in your bid to make a difference to your own child, students and across the education sector. Utilising a blend of current research and practical strategies Carla will equip you with knowledge and strategies which will make a difference.
Do you find yourself asking:
- Why do some students not progress like others?
- What is Working Memory and how does it impact learning?
- I wish I knew more about SLD's, could it be DYSLEXIA?
- Early identification – the WHY, HOW and WHO?
- Why is direct teaching in spelling important and where might we start?
- How do we deal with the increasing anxiety students experience?
- Explore the use of decodable texts to build fluency, and learn PRACTICAL TIPS to add to your classroom TOOLBOX for all learners.
This workshop is suitable for, Teachers – Sencos – School Leaders