Demystifying Digital Technologies within Technology Education
Practical understanding of the new digital technologies areas in the revised New Zealand Technology curriculum for new entrants to Y10 teachers.
This is a three day course full of hands on, practical digital technologies workshops you can implement in your class. It will introduce you to a variety of Digital Technology concepts and activities that you can implement in your classroom.
No matter what your experience or class level, if you would like help implementing the new digital technologies areas of the revised Technology curriculum then this is for you!
- unpacking the new digital technologies content
- understanding computational thinking
- making sense of designing and developing digital outcomes
- integration across the NZC learning areas
- fitting digital technologies content into existing three strands of technology
- practical ideas for implementation in authentic contexts.
Dates: 17–19 July.
Venue: CQ Hotel, Wellington.
Planning Committee: Ceri de Boo (Course Director), Julie McMahon, Iain Cook-Bonney, Wendy Slatter
Registration costs: Full fee $440 / early bird (by 17 May) $340.
Registration fee includes catering during the course time.
Accommodation: Single (standard) $430 / twin share (standard) $240.
Accommodation for the nights of 17–18 July, including breakfast.
Registrations close 14 June.
TRCC subsidise teachers' travel as per our travel policy for the first 15 Early Bird paid registrations for this course.
For more information and to register go to www.trcc.org.nz