Space Camp for Educators with Haka Educational Tours
Haka Educational Tours are proud to have been endorsed as a recommended tour operator to Space Camp at the US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville Alabama, and we’re giving you the chance to experience this out of this world learning environment first hand.
During this week-long programme you'll enjoy immersive astronaut training activities, simulations, and mission scenarios and get access to your own mission control website with lesson plans and tips on how to bring their experiences to life in the classroom. And did we mention you'll get to meet a real astronaut!
Many of the activities are similar to Space Camp for students, so you'll be able to get a first hand insight into what your students could gain from attending Space Camp, whilst benefiting from the professional development and personal growth opportunities that the course provides.
- Train like an astronaut using state-of-the-art equipment only found at Space Camp, such as G-Force simulators and the Mars Wall Simulator
- Take part in team building activities in teams which students also experience during their Space Camp journey, including rocket construction, thermal design challenge and a simulated space flight mission
- Use your learning to take part in Mars 2050 presentations at the end of camp, helping to develop your teaching and presentations skills in the classroom
- Develop a higher level of self-awareness through different Space Camp activities, deepening your understanding of how you work and how you work with others, helping you to develop your classroom practice and leadership skills
- Get your very own flight suit to wear during the training and take home with you.
$1000 NZD + Flights. Your package includes airport transfers, 5 nights of accommodation, and all meals while at Space Camp.
Contact: Eleri Williams
(09) 520 5593
Review of Achievement Standards Subject Expert Groups – Further Expressions of Interest
Kohia Centre – Educational Resources for Schools and Teachers
The Kohia Centre retail store has supplied a wide range of educational and teaching resources for over 20 years.
These include: curriculum resources; educational publications; classroom support materials and teaching accessories such as stickers, borders, posters, etc.
Call us, visit our store or shop online. We offer a nationwide delivery service.
Kohia Centre, Faculty of Education and Social Work, The University of Auckland, Gate 1, 78 Epsom Avenue, Epsom, Auckland 1023;
ph (09) 623 8977; email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shop hours: Monday to Friday 8am–4pm (parking at Gate 2).