Demystifying Digital Technologies within Technology Education
Practical understanding of the new Digital Technologies area in the revised New Zealand Technology Curriculum for New Entrants to Y10 teachers.
This is a three day course full of hands on, practical digital technologies workshops you can implement in your class. It will introduce you to a variety of digital technology concepts and activities that you can implement in your classroom.
No matter what your experience or class level, if you would like help implementing the new digital technologies areas of the revised Technology curriculum, then this is for you!
- unpacking the new digital technologies content
- understanding computational thinking
- Making sense of designing and developing digital outcomes
- integration across the NZC learning areas
- fitting digital technologies content into the existing three strands of technology
- practical ideas for implementation in authentic contexts.
Dates: 17-19 July.
Venue: CQ Hotel, Wellington.
Planning team: Ceri de Boo, Julie McMahon, Iain Cook-Bonney, Wendy Slatter.
Registration fees: Full fee: $440 / early bird fee (17 May): $340.
Registration fee includes catering during the course programme.
Accommodation: Live in – single (standard) $430 / live in – twin share (standard) $240.
Accommodation (check in 17 July, check out 19 July) includes breakfast for 18 and 19 July.
Registrations close: 14 June.
*Travel subsidies available (first 15 paid early bird registrations)
For more information and registrations go to www.trcc.org.nz