Culturally Responsive Pedagogy – Unlocking Teachers' Potential
This course is for all teachers and leaders in early childhood, primary and secondary education contexts.
Culturally responsive pedagogy: What does this mean? How will my teaching style change? How does all this link to the key documents? Why do I need to work smarter not harder?
At this course there will be opportunities to grow your capability to:
- Demystify how the curriculum documents reflect cultural responsiveness;
- Evaluate and defend the meanings of practice-based evidence, particularly as it applies to cultural settings;
- Apply critical thinking to culturally responsive practices;
- Position practices, policies and contentions of culturally diverse imperatives that co-exist within and alongside a range of theoretical exemplars;
- Link the six new standards for the teaching profession to learning outcomes and evidence for your portfolio.
Dates: 15–17 April.
Venue: Quality Hotel, Parnell, Auckland.
Planning team: James Graham, Angus Macfarlane, Sonja Macfarlane, Mikayla Hewlett, Marie Gibson, Tracy Hopewell, Lyndon Greening, Lee Stewart
Registration fees: Full fee: $500 / early bird fee (15 February): $400.
Registration fee includes catering during the course programme.
Accommodation: Live in – single (standard) $400 / Live in – twin share (standard) $250
Accommodation (check in 15 April, check out 17 April) includes breakfast for 16 and 17 April.
Registrations close: 15 March.
*Travel subsidies available (first 20 paid early bird registrations)
For more information and registrations go to www.trcc.org.nz