Pacific Needs – Our Perspective
This course is for leaders and providers of education for students with special needs in ECE, mainstream and special schools' settings.
A course for NZ educators to engage with Pacific perspectives of how learning support for diverse Pacific learners and their families can be more inclusive and culturally responsive.
This course will offer leaders and providers of Education an opportunity to see through a cultural leans or consider culturally responsive ways to do the following:
- Explore transitions for children and their families;
- Share stories and learning narratives;
- Consider best practice and appropriate application;
- Implementation of Health and Safety practices;
- Engagement and the involvement of parents and families; and
- Analyse relevant ideas or strategies for Pacific in research.
Dates: 15–17 April.
Venue: Harbourside Function Venue, Wellington
Planning Team: Caroline Mareko, Matthew Tofia, Karl Vasau
Registration fees: Full fee: $530 / early bird fee (15 February): $430.
Accommodation (West Plaza Hotel): Single: $390 / twin share: $240.
Registrations close 15 March.
*Subsidised travel available (first 20 paid early bird registrations)
For more information and to register go to www.trcc.org.nz