Ki te hoe: Navigating Early Childhood Landscapes – Professional Learning Hui
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Kidsfirst Kindergartens are proud to announce the 2019 Professional Learning Hui, to be held on 16–17 April at Rangi Ruru Girls' School in Christchurch.
This is your opportunity to contribute your experience, expertise and knowledge to more than 360 teachers from kindergartens and early learning centres at the Kidsfirst Kindergartens Professional Hui.
Workshops are one and a half hours in length. They are presented in an interactive way with a small audience of no more than 30 people. Presenters of workshops will receive free registration to the rest of the two-day Hui.
The theme for the this year’s hui is “Ki te hoe: Navigating Early Childhood Landscapes”, which focuses on the range of challenges ECE teachers are facing in an ECE context which is becoming increasingly complex and diverse.
Abstracts are called for workshops in the areas of:
- Inclusion and social justice
- Working with two year olds
- Bicultural practice
- Education for Sustainability
- Intercultural practice
- Any other innovative pedagogical practices.
Please submit an abstract of no more than 300 words, which outlines your proposed workshop topic, to email@example.com by Friday 1 March.
Contact: Kate Ord
(03) 338 1303
The Natural Phenomena Conference – Education in the Outdoors
EONZ Conference 2020: Education Outside the Classroom – Opening Minds, Transforming Futures
If you are interested in enriching and innovating your teaching practice by taking it beyond the classroom (EOTC), this conference is for you. Expect an engaging, thought-provoking and hands-on conference, designed for educators across all learning areas.
- Ways to integrate responsive and authentic learning about our environment
- Enhancing student and staff wellbeing through connected learning
- Discovering meaning through Mātauranga Māori and multicultural values/practices
- Navigating and proactively leading changes in education
- Managing the nitty-gritty of EOTC: Health and Safety, managing workload and creative budgeting.
For further information: www.eonz.org.nz/professional-development/eotc-conference-2020