Rock and Water for Children with ASD - Educator Training
The two-day Rock and Water ASD Workshop is for teachers, parents, teacher aides, counselors and anyone interested in working with Children and Adults living with ASD. This workshop presents a unique Rock and Water approach to helping children living with ASD. The workshop can assist boys and girls to gain greater self understanding and self-awareness.
After completing the lessons, boys and girls usually have
- enhanced communication skills (verbal and non-verbal)
- better coping strategies for managing stressful situations.
- a greater understanding of non-verbal communication;
- more reference points for controlling emotions;
- more skills, both verbally and non-verbally, to respond to situations adequately.
The ASD training course focuses on effective communications strategies, exercises with intent to raise awareness, strategies to engage young people living with ASD, learning to play together skills (social inclusion) and most importantly, the need for teachers/supporting adults to be centred and grounded themselves.
More information and registration via www.rockandwater.co.nz