Primary Teacher Mentor Workshops, Hamilton
Are you taking on a Primary PCT mentor role for the first time in 2019? Are you an experienced mentor looking to refresh your skills? Our experienced facilitators will collaborate with you to create a high quality mentoring programme that will support you in leading your PCT through their beginning teacher years.
Session one: Roles and responsibilities
This workshop will focus on the following:
- Understanding roles/requirements of mentor teachers and PCTs
- Familiarising mentor teachers with practising teacher criteria and Educational Council guidelines for induction and mentoring
- Developing a high quality mentoring programme
- Using e-portfolios for collecting evidence
- Exploring resources on Educational Council website.
Session two: Managing tricky conversations
- Sharing celebrations, challenges and wonderings
- Having important conversations; mentor teachers with PCT and PCT with parents/whanau.