Using Navigating the Journey (Y5–8)
This half-day course focuses on utilising the new Navigating the Journey Years 5-6 and Years 7-8 resources to deliver comprehensive sexuality education programmes to Year 5-8 students. (Note that these resources are reviewed and updated versions of the The Sexuality Road – Discovering Me resource.)
- An in-depth exploration of the Navigating the Journey Y5–6 and Y7–8 resources, including themes, lesson plans and activities
- The approach that underpins the resource
- How to create a positive and safe learning environment for teaching sexuality education
- Methods for assessing student learning
- Practice responding to questions
- Recommended resources, support agencies and organisations.
Suitable for teachers of young people in Y5–8.
Family Planning also offers free in-school teacher professional development and capability building nationally.
Please contact us at (04) 384 4349 or email@example.com to discuss this option if the upcoming course dates and times do not work for your school or organisation.
Bay of Plenty