Primary Sexuality Education
This half-day introductory course is intended for primary and intermediate school teachers. It will focus on learning more about sexuality education and exploring ways that it can be delivered using a best-practice, comprehensive approach.
- Exploring the concept of comprehensive sexuality education
- Sexuality education in the New Zealand Curriculum
- Sexuality and the law
- Current research and trends
- How to create a positive and safe learning environment for teaching sexuality education
- Some effective teaching and learning strategies for delivering comprehensive sexuality education
- Practice responding to questions
- Building confidence in this subject area
- Recommended resources, support agencies and organisations.
Suitable for teachers of young people at a primary or intermediate school level.
Family Planning also offers free in-school professional development and capability building nationally.
Please contact us at (04) 384 4349 or email@example.com to discuss this option if the upcoming course dates and times do not work for your school or organisation.
Teacher Education Refresh Programme
The Teacher Education Refresh (TER) programme is currently funded by the Ministry of Education for those teacher required by the Teaching Council to complete a TER.
The Kohia Centre programme can be completed in 2–3 months. It is delivered through a combination of 4 face-to-face workshop days, online modules/tasks and a 4 week practicum in a school. (Teachers already employed in long term teaching positions can use their current position to demonstrate effective teaching practice).
Find out more at: tinyurl.com/y4gjvmsp or email firstname.lastname@example.org.