Primary Sexuality Education
This half-day introductory course is intended for primary and intermediate school teachers. It will focus on learning more about sexuality education and exploring ways that it can be delivered using a best-practice, comprehensive approach.
- Exploring the concept of comprehensive sexuality education
- Sexuality education in the New Zealand Curriculum
- Sexuality and the law
- Current research and trends
- How to create a positive and safe learning environment for teaching sexuality education
- Some effective teaching and learning strategies for delivering comprehensive sexuality education
- Practice responding to questions
- Building confidence in this subject area
- Recommended resources, support agencies and organisations.
Suitable for teachers of young people at a primary or intermediate school level.
Family Planning also offers free in-school professional development and capability building nationally.
Please contact us at (04) 384 4349 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this option if the upcoming course dates and times do not work for your school or organisation.
Bay of Plenty