Te Whakamānawa – Culturally Responsive Practice in School Communities
Do you feel you could cater more effectively to diverse cultures in your classroom? Do you need a boost to keep up with Aotearoa’s growing diversity?
This 20 week Online Programme will explore how our school communities might better reflect our bicultural heritage and give mana to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Experts will present ways in which their pedagogy and practice work in future focused schools, and how our relationships with students, whānau and iwi/hapū can support the engagement and achievement of all students.
- Evaluate their current practices and pedagogy.
- Explore and implement practical ways in which their schools might better reflect the bicultural heritage of Aotearoa.
- Empower Māori students to achieve educational success ‘as Māori’.
- Meaningfully engage with and create partnerships with students, whānau, iwi/hapū and the wider community.
- Implement strategies into practice that will give mana to Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Integrate more culturally responsive practices.
This programme is completely online and open to participants all over Aotearoa.
This programme SOLD OUT in 2018, so don’t miss out:
New Zealand (nationwide)