Shifting Boys from Disengagement to High Learning Performance
Are some of your boys underperforming? Drawing on 40 years research and work in schools, PLD Facilitator, Jon Winder has had huge success shifting boys from underperformance to high engagement, leadership, resilience and learning mastery. This insightful workshop has supported hundreds of teachers throughout NZ with the tools to inspire boys to lift their inner frame of reference, to find meaning and relevance, a new zest for learning and the success they deserve. Get inspired to work with your boys in new ways that helps them turn onto learning and to achieve where you know they can.
The Tools you Gain:
- Knowing what motivates boys to perform well
- Techniques to support boys to shift from negative responses to learning achievement
- What science tells us about boys’ brains and learning engagement
- Building wellbeing, resilience and the desire to learn
- Supporting boys to move from frustration to leadership
- Keys to engage boys’ creativity and imagination
- Supporting a school culture of lived values that foster high male engagement
- Techniques for cracking the “boy code” and inspiring boys to want to be themselves.
The Facilitator’s Expertise Draws on
- The highly successful B-Cool Programme for Boys (over 25 NZ schools, 1500 of boys)
- Leading research, learning success tools, whole brain learning and tools for high performance
- Strategies from teachers, parents, students, hundreds of workshops and staff meetings
Venue: The Quality Hotel, Parnell, Auckland.
Time: Friday 29 March, 9am–3pm
Fee: $295 + GST Early Bird $275 + GST by 25 February; $265+ GST for 2 staff from same school at same time; 260 + GST for 3 or more staff from same school at same time.