Assessment, Planning and Evaluation with Te Whāriki, Christchurch
This course will enable teachers to develop processes for assessment, planning and evaluation to understand children’s learning pathways …and then plan to continue and strengthen them through their teaching.
Assessment data needs to be the basis for planning curriculum experiences that engage children in authentic learning.
Come along and find out more about:
- The changing landscape of early childhood education
- a revised Te Whāriki; Our Code; Our Standards
- Curriculum – what is it? What should children be learning in early childhood?
- Assessment – what is it? Using formative assessment to plan
- Using Te Whāriki to design learning experiences to progress learning (linked to Professional Standard 5 – Design for Learning)
- How to be an intentional teacher
- Sample documentation that demonstrates a formative assessment sequence of noticing, recognising, responding, recording and revisiting valued learning.
This course will enable you to transition seamlessly from the old Te Whāriki to the revised one. It will focus on outcomes for children that will enable them to be adaptive, creative and resilient global citizens of the future.
Participants will have the opportunity to request a 1 hour individual post-course visit to the centre for an Assessment, planning and evaluation ‘health check’.
There will be an additional cost of $155 + GST for this visit.
Contact: Liz Depree
(021) 889 341