Fostering Social Competence and Self-regulation in ECE
Teachers will examine their role in supporting children to become socially competent citizens. By asking “is the way I respond to challenging behaviour supporting children’s learning to become socially and emotionally competent?” teachers will identify alternative ways of responding to children’s behaviour.
This workshop will include:
- examination of your current responses to challenging behaviour
- an introduction to teaching strategies and approaches to support children’s self regulation
- identification of factors that contribute to children’s behaviour
- exploration of behaviour management, positive guidance and social competence perspectives
- alternative strategies for responding to children’s behaviour
- realistic scenarios and the opportunity to discuss and problem solve with others.
Contact: Bridgit Williams