2019 Kohia Centre: Mentor Teacher Programmes
2019 Kohia Centre: Mentor Teacher Programmes for Primary, Intermediate and Secondary
This 3 full day session programme will enable mentor teachers to support Beginner Teacher inquiry into effective pedagogy
Over three sessions the programme will cover:
Introduction to the mentor teacher role:
- Relevant Education Council updates;
- The Practising Teacher Criteria
- The induction and mentoring programmes, roles and responsibilities
- Use of the 0.2 allowance;
- Documentation requirements and the registration process.
Inquiry into practice:
- Observation of practice and feedback to teachers
- Analysing teacher practice
- Ongoing mentoring and reporting, developing portfolios and evidence.