Pacific Needs - Our Perspective
This course is for Leaders and providers of Education for students with
special needs in ECE, mainstream and special schools’ settings.
A course for NZ educators to engage with Pacific perspectives of how learning
support for diverse Pacific learners and their families can be more inclusive and culturally responsive.
This course will offer leaders and providers of education an opportunity to
see through a cultural lens or consider culturally responsive ways to do the
• Explore transitions for children and their families;
• Share stories and learning narratives;
• Consider best practice and appropriate application;
• Implementation of Health and Safety practices;
• Engagement and the involvement of parents and families; and
• Analyse relevant ideas or strategies for Pacific in research.
Dates: 15–17 April 2019
Venue: Harbourside Function Venue – Cable Room, 4 Taranaki Street,
Te Aro, Wellington
Planning Team: Caroline Mareko, Matthew Tofia, Karl Vasau.