Developing Influential Teacher Leaders
A two-day course in Dunedin (Friday 15 February and Friday 15 March 2019) that helps aspiring young leaders to make the transition from teacher to teacher leader (e.g teacher-in-charge / HOD / syndicate leader). A small in-school leadership investigation will be completed during the intervening weeks. Learning sessions focus on
- The impact of teachers’ personal and professional values
- Understanding how to get the best out of a group’s culture
- How to motivate other people for success
- Encouraging high performance in others’ teaching practice
- Leading engagement with students.
Available to early childhood, primary, intermediate and secondary teachers.
Course directors: Prof Ross Notman and Dr Sylvia Robertson.