Starting Off in a New Entrant Setting
Posted: 13 November 2018
Notice reference #: 1H9niX
This course will provide practical ideas, tips and visual inspiration for both teachers new to this specialised teaching area and for those wanting to refresh aspects of their current programme.
We will explore:
- Key features for setting up an effective new entrant learning environment; what does it look like and feel like? How is it organised?
- Different approaches to new entrant settings
- Transition to school and what to expect from students in the first few weeks at school
- The importance of continuing foundation and developmental skills
- Opportunities for play and exploration and activities that link ECE with the new entrant setting
- Sharing some literacy and maths ideas for the first few weeks of school
- Exploring an integrated and thematic approach that children can relate to and make connections, bringing back creativity!
- Sharing ideas for resources, equipment, websites and further readings
31 January 2019 – 31 January 2019
Contact: Ruth Dalgarno
+64 (09) 835 0912