Training For Primary and Secondary School Appraisers
2 and 3 April – Auckland
29 and 30 May – Wellington
This programme is suitable for: Primary and Secondary middle and senior leaders responsible for appraisal
This two day workshop will support appraisers to develop their skills in carrying out appraisals. Participants will examine:
- The conceptual frame for appraisal
- Components of appraisal: goal setting, inquiry into practice, learning conversations and appraisal report
- Their understanding of what constitutes evidence of practice?
- The alignment of the Professional Standards, Tataiako and Middle Leader Dimensions
- The place of inquiry in appraisals
- Fronting under performance
- Observing teaching practice
- Unpacking the Standards for the Teaching Profession
As a result of attending this workshop, participants will be confident to support teachers to examine their practice, set challenging goals, understand what constitutes evidence and be able to make overall evaluative judgements on teaching practice in relation to the Professional Standards.
Participants will also have opportunities to practice having conversations that front under performance.
$650 + GST
3+ registrations from the same school: $590 + GST
Contact: Tanya Prentice
+64 (09) 920 2173