Being an Effective Dean
28 February and 1 March – Auckland
6 and 7 March – Wellington
7 and 8 March – Christchurch
This two-day course is suitable for new Deans, and for Deans who want to refresh or review their practice.
In 2019, for the first time ever, on request, the workshop has been extended to two days to broaden the programme and allow for more in-depth coverage and discussion.
- Building a toolkit of skills and strategies for being effective in this role
- Understanding the role and its connection with student learning
- Academic coaching/mentoring
- Organising effective Deaning systems and procedures
- Developing effective communication skills
- Managing student needs and behaviour
- Working with colleagues in key roles
- Liaising with parents and caregivers
- Deans role in high-end discipline
- $650 + GST per person
- 3+ registrations from the same school: $590 + GST per person.