The Professional Role– Communication skills for school support staff with David Henton
This course will concentrate on developing relaxed, confident and effective personal and professional communication skills for secretaries, office managers, teacher aides and other ancillary staff in order to assist them in dealing with typical parent/staff/student situations.
We will explore:
1. How best to 'radiate professionalism' at all times
2. Ways to use conflict resolution and negotiation skills
3. Handling of difficult situations - both internal and external
4. Using the 80:20 rule for better planning and prioritising
5. Assertiveness skills
At the completion of the course participants will be able to:
1. Explain the concept of professionalism, in terms of specific action and measures
2. Outline specific negotiation approaches and explain the importance of understanding differing perspectives
3. Explain how to use reflective listening skills to diffuse tension and conflict
4. Outline the 4 step approach in handling difficult situations
5. Identify techniques used to manage time efficiently including prioritising and planning.
Enrol here: Kohia Centre