Exciting innovative global STEAM programme
Dear Principals and Teachers,
We are keen to work with you in facilitating a S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) programme with schools overseas.
The goal is to establish an innovative online forum in which all NZ & Chinese learners & teachers can connect and work on collaborative S.T.E.A.M. programmes.
- Creating and being part of the exciting innovative S.T.E.A.M. programmes.
- Students will be able to participate in authentic problem-solving tasks, demonstrate critical thinking and develop cultural understanding through global collaborative online learning.
- Teachers will gain a better understanding of online teaching and learning, as well as planning of S.T.E.A.M. programmes.
- Experts will assist teachers in developing your own S.T.E.A.M. curriculum related to school term topics.
- Using online education software Beatop for live-streaming dual classes, connecting classrooms and students in NZ & China.
- Proper computer and sound devices are required, however, IT support and sound-video assistance will be provided during the S.T.E.A.M.term.
- Beatop also includes an online forum for student work demonstration, collaboration, and communication.
- Topic choosing (We have 10 topics and you are free to create your own one）
- Online workshop (Optional)
- Experts involvement （New topic only）
- Lesson plan, teaching materials and PPT shared by A&E
- Meeting with Chinese teacher/students online in ice-break class
1. STEAM Class
- 6-week programme in NZ web-connected with China, with one online lesson per week
- 45 min per lesson
- We are open to change the course structure to fit in your class
2. Meet the other STEAM teachers in Retreat (Optional)
3. Offline deep learning classes with Chinese students (Auckland schools only, optional)
There is no charge for this programme.
We look forward to working with you on this project and new initiatives at Term 1–2 in 2019.
(09) 368 1231