An introduction to the New Zealand Curriculum for Overseas Trained Teachers
An introduction to the New Zealand Curriculum for overseas trained teachers with Colleen Bott
This course is an opportunity for teachers new to teaching in New Zealand, to develop understanding of, and unpack the intent of the New Zealand Curriculum.
The workshop will support participants to:
- understand The New Zealand Curriculum and its components
- have knowledge of its origins and how it is built on the nation’s previous curriculum documents
- understand the uniqueness of the curriculum document as a flexible framework that enables innovation
- understand the legislative requirements that boards of trustees, school leaders and teachers must follow in implementing curriculum in schools
- have knowledge and appreciation of how schools can use the potential of the The New Zealand Curriculum to develop a ‘local’ curriculum that best fits their needs and school context
- engage with the document to plan teaching and learning opportunities.
Contact: Kohia Centre
(09) 623 8977