2018 Fotu o Malama Samoan Language Conference
Fotu o Mālama - The Association for Teachers of Samoan language and culture at secondary and tertiary sectors invites you to attend our annual conference.
Date: May 25-26, 2018.
Venue: MIT North Campus, Pasifika Community Centre.
Address: Otara Rd, Otara, Manukau, Auckland or Gate 13 on Alexander Cres; website www.manukau.ac.nz/contact/campus-maps
The workshops are practical sessions designed to be challenging and relevant for teachers in the classroom.
- Integrating Samoan culture and language at levels 7 and 8 of the NZ Curriculum
- How do students learn a language and culture best?
- Samoan songs and dances
- Writing assessment tasks
- ‘Walking through’ a unit of work for Junior classes (Years 9/10)
- E-learning and Gagana Samoa
- Online resources for language teachers – Help I need to find more resources!
Non Member: $250
Non-member daily rate: $150
To register for conference: https://goo.gl/forms/TCiFVARv4hfB2Phw2
Final programme will be emailed to registered participants only.
For more information, please contact the secretary, Lemoa H. S Fesulua’i; ph (09) 275 4029 extn 111; email H.Fesuluai@mangere.school.nz
Contact: Tofilau Siliva Gaugatao
(027) 555 4655