SENCO Training Beginners and Advanced
- Identifying students with learning difficulties and differences.
- What it feels like to be a learner with difficulties in a mainstream class.
- What is best practice in this field and what does the research say?
- Learn about underpinning cognitive weaknesses and how to teach children who have them.
- Differentiated teaching and supporting teachers to put it in to practice?
- Practical strategies and classroom approaches
- Hands on work with suitable resources.
- Meet the needs of students with dyslexia, dyspraxia, those on the autistic spectrum, children with visual and auditory
- Conducting and analysing screening assessments
- Interpreting specialist assessments
- Supporting class teachers with differentiated and individualised learning plans
- Support and guidance processes to up skill classroom teachers with at risk and priority learners.
Dates and locations for beginners and advanced SENCO
13 March, Kerikeri
14 March, Auckland
15 March, South Auckland
16 March, Hamilton
19 March, Tauranga
20 March, Whakatane
21 March, Napier
22 March, Taupo
27 March, New Plymouth
4 April, Wanganui
5 April, Masterton
6 April, Lower Hutt
12 April, Nelson
13 April, Hokitika
8 May, Timaru
9 May, Dunedin
10 May, Invercargill
11 May, Cromwell
For further information www.raisingachievement.co.nz
New Zealand (nationwide)