Cultures of Thinking Webinar Series
Join Karen Boyes via live webinar series to experience and learn practical ideas to establish the Cultures of Thinking through the 8 Cultural Forces and ways to Make Thinking Visible.
Ron Ritchhart describes the Cultures of Thinking like this: "Within a culture of thinking, students experience school as a place where thinking is valued and given time, rich opportunities for thinking abound in their day-to-day classroom experience, models of thinking are present in the form of seeing teachers and peers as fellow thinkers, and the environment is full with the documentation of thinking. Such environments not only provide for the practice of students’ thinking skills but also help them to foster an inclination toward thinking and to develop a greater awareness of thinking occasions."
You will explore:
- How Thinking Routines can transform your students depth of thinking
- Why Expectations are a critical key to success
- How Modelling who we are as thinkers benefits students
- Time allocation and ways to ensure students formulate thoughtful responses
- Using a Language of thinking to promote reflection
- Ways to show care and respect for the thinking Interactions
- How to display thinking in the Environment
- Ways to provide purposeful activities to engage student in thinking
- plus much more…
New Zealand (nationwide)
Contact: Karen Boyes
(04) 528 9969