Managing Unexpected Conflict Situations in a School Context, by David Henton
Many colleagues struggle with conflict and how to diffuse and resolve typical difficult parent, teacher and student situations with professionalism and respect. There are many ways we can manage our own behaviour in relation to others that can support better outcomes when conflict arises.
This intensive, interactive and enjoyable evening workshop will explore managing unexpected “difficult” situations in a variety of practical ways , that participants themselves.describe.
Those attending will firstly learn how to address problems arisingand master several simple techniques and useful phrases to skilfully and confidently turn disagreements into situations of mutual trust and understanding.
Course content includes:
- Getting difficult things said safely and with respect
- Valuing our differences and the magic of different perspectives
- Accidental upsets such as cultural and gender differences
- The ball in the paddock
- Reflective listening – tuning in, and daring to listen
- Tips for handling anger – Theirs and our own!
- Saying sorry and other bizarre Ideas!!
- How NOT to take it personally
- Understanding body language
- Winners and losers, and other old-fashioned ideas.
Contact: Kohia Centre
(09) 623 8977