Mentor Teacher Programmes
This 3 full day session programme will enable mentor teachers to support Beginner Teacher inquiry into effective pedagogy
Over three sessions the programme will cover:
Introduction to the mentor teacher role:
- relevant Teachers Council updates;
- the Practising Teacher Criteria
- the induction and mentoring programmes, roles responsibilities
- use of the 0.2 allowance;
- documentation requirements and the registration process.
Inquiry into practice:
- observation of practice and feedback to teachers
- analysing teacher practice
- ongoing mentoring and reporting, developing portfolios and evidence.
Contact: Kohia Centre
(09) 623 8977