Leadership and Literacy Professional Learning Group, by Jenny Thompson
Target group: Principals, senior leaders, literacy leaders in primary and intermediate schools.
Jenny Thompson, one of our most experienced facilitators, is offering this unique opportunity in 2018 for senior and middle leaders to develop their leadership capacity and capability within the context of literacy.
Her dynamic professional learning groups will provide opportunities for leaders to:
- Use iterative cycles of inquiry linked to The New Zealand Curriculum to achieve literacy targets including how to accelerate progress for under- achieving students
- Build their assessment literacy including National Standards
- Learn and engage with the latest professional learning and development in leadership and literacy
- Network and develop professional relationships with other leaders
- Be inspired, challenged and supported in their practice.
At the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Ensure there is rigour in their own and teachers' inquiries
- Use their increased pedagogical content knowledge in literacy and leadership to shift teacher practice and student outcomes.
Contact: Kohia Centre
(09) 623 8977