NCEA for Newbies, by Robyn Headifen
Navigating the maze of what we know as NCEA can be overwhelming. This 1-day course offers teachers with little or no experience with NCEA the opportunity to engage with others as they learn about New Zealand’s national qualification system.
- Learn how the NCEA framework and qualifications work
- Explore the NZQA website
- Develop a quality pathway for students from the subject matrix
- Look at internal assessment practices; unpacking standards, administering assessments, awarding grades and moderation.
- Discuss the “myths” surrounding NCEA.
At the completion of the courses participants will be able to:
- Explain how NCEA works
- Differentiate between internal, external and unit standards.
- Implement best practice in terms of assessment.
Contact: Kohia Centre
(09) 623 8977