Dyslexia in the Classroom
“Dyslexia is not due to either lack of intelligence or desire to learn; with appropriate teaching methods, students with dyslexia can learn successfully” – International Dyslexia Association.
Join us in this workshop to learn:
- What is dyslexia, Early identification – the WHY and HOW
- Developing both teacher knowledge and understanding
- What does a synthetic spelling approach look like for these learners
- The use of decodable texts in the classroom
- Practical tips to add to your classroom TOOLBOX.
The Otago workshop is being held in Queenstown.
Bay of Plenty