Te Whāriki: Revised
This course involves teachers collaboratively investigating and reviewing the revised curriculum document, considering implementation as it relates to their teaching environment.
Discussion will involve:
- Transitioning from Te Whāriki 1996 to the revised edition 2017, and how this process has occurred;
- Unpacking and relating the changes to the new pedagogical design;
- Working with fewer learning outcomes and how this translates in practice;
- The close parallels between Te Whāriki where learning dispositions and working theories are closely related AND the key competencies and learning areas of The NZ Curriculum;
- Māori human development learning theories;
- Growth, educational approaches of Pasifika ECE services;
- Te Whāriki as a driver to respond to children's interests and enhance their learning.
Facilitator: Paula Ormsby
Venue: Ventura Inn Hamilton, 23 Clarence Street, Hamilton
Cost:$280 (GST inclusive)