Tūranga Why Why? Localising Curriculum
Looking for the Why that is needed to truly localise your curriculum? This practical and interactive workshop will support you with tools and strategies to truly put the local back into your 'localised curriculum'.
Exploring the WHY and the how of:
- localised Māori learning contexts in Pangarau and Pūtaiao
- hapu and iwi history
- whānau engagement
- cultural location
- local cultural narratives
Using CORE Educations' cultural landscape tool you will find out practical ways to connect your school or kura to whānau, and to foster authentic collaboration and innovation to transform curriculum engagement. You will also explore ways to localise the Pāngarau/Pūtaiao/Reo Learning Areas through the use of localised and student-centred contexts.
- unpack the WHY in Turangawaewae
- identify ways in which you can use a Cultural Landscape (CL) tool to inform localised Putaiao, Pangarau, Reo wahanga ako/learning areas
- have an improved understanding of localised curriculum
- understand how to use the CL tool to support and inform planning
- determine how you could utilise the CL Tool to engage authentically with whānau, hapū and iwi
- explore the use of cultural narratives.
Join us at one of our face-to-face workshops, or virtually from anywhere in Aotearoa.
New Zealand (nationwide)