Jumpstart My Reo
E hiahia ana ki te puta i ngā akoranga A,E,I,O,U me te kōwae Ko Wai Au? I tēnei o ngā awheawhe, ka tūhura tātou i te whakamahinga o te reo Māori me ōna tikanga i tō taiao ako. Ka whakaratoa ētahi rautaki whaitake, māmā hoki hei whakapiki i te māia, i ō mahi whakaako i te reo, otirā, ko te whakamārama hoki i tā tātou e whai nei, arā, ko te whakaū i te mana tangata whenua o ngā ākonga Māori me te tautoko i ō rātou wawata mātauranga.
Are you wanting to move beyond your A,E,I,O,U and Ko Wai Au in your te reo teaching and learning? This workshop will explore innovative ways to use of te reo Māori and tikanga in your learning environment. It will provide practical and simple strategies to build your and your students confidence, enhance your practice, and understand how to live a commitment to affirming Māori learners as tangata whenua and supporting their educational aspirations in the classroom.
- explore second language tools and practical strategies to effectively teach te reo
- learn fun games and activities to engage your students
- explore online tools and websites which contains useful resources to help with everyday learning and school-wide planning such as, Matariki and Te Wiki o te Reo Māori
- build your social media networks to connect, promote, and interact in te reo Māori
- explore learning spaces specifically for te reo Māori
- demonstrate how to affirm Māori learners as tangata whenua (2.4 Our Code, Our Standard).
Join us at one of our face-to-face workshops, or virtually from anywhere in Aotearoa.
New Zealand (nationwide)