Increase Learner Agency in Your Space for 2018, with Bek Galloway-Auckland
Increase Learner Agency Step by Step
Empowering learners with agency puts them at the centre of their own learning. It moves them from being passive recipients of learning, towards having the skills, tools & dispositions to actively drive their own learning in a world of constant change.
Yet even though this is something we all strive for as teachers, it’s not an easy road as it requires a significant shift in both our mindset and our practice. This can be daunting for busy teachers who often wonder things like:
- What is the big picture: what does agency look like?
- What steps can I take to increase learner agency in my space?
- How do I manage it, in a way that works for all my learners?
- How do I get more flexible & personalised, while meeting school & national requirements?
If this sounds like you, this highly practical workshop is a must! It will give participants a much clearer understanding of the nature of learner agency, the steps you can take to get there, and a variety of proven practical ideas, techniques & solutions from NE to Y8, that you can implement in your single cell or collaborative space.
Within this workshop you will be explore ideas around having learners doing things like:
- increasing their degree of agency, step by step
- making simple decisions about what would be best for them
- identifying what they need and want to learn and why it is relevant for them
- planning pathways & timetables to reach targets, goals and inquiries
- evaluating & tracking their progress
As always, this workshop is based on practical application: you will be provided with ideas to apply to your pedagogy that really work. Come and join us and watch how increased learner agency transforms engagement and achievement in your space!
New Zealand (nationwide)
Contact: Suzie Rosewarne
(09) 835 0912