Setting Up and Starting in a NE Class, with Jo Williams
Practical ideas, tips and visual inspiration for both teachers new to this specialised teaching area and for those wanting to refresh aspects of their current programme.
You will explore:
- Setting up an effective new entrant learning environment; what does it look like and feel like? How is it organised?
- Some examples of different approaches to how a new entrant setting might run
- Transition to school and what to expect from children in the first few weeks at school and what we can do as new entrant teachers to assist with smooth transition
- The importance of continuing foundation / developmental skills/ opportunities for play and activities that link ECE with the new entrant classroom
- Getting started and introducing effective early literacy and numeracy practices and routines
- An integrated curriculum
- Sharing ideas for resources, websites and further reading.
Jo has had many years experience as both a classroom educator and developing and hosting various effective and practical new entrant workshops.
Contact: Suzie Rosewarne
(09) 835 0912